Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Back in the Groooooove of things!

Oh my goodness, I feel back to normal! If you read my last post (don't lol) I sounded down and depressed... It's absolutely amazing how much better you feel when you work out. I was on a 2 week break from working out and I dearly missed it. I was totally afraid I wouldn't go back to my work outs but I'm on day 3 of working out again and I feel so so much happier!!

Today, I even went to a new little shop (at least it's new for me) and I got the cutest little sweater! It's got print all over it. And if you know me I was the queen of solid black tees. I thought I could hide in those! I should have my friend take a photo of me in this cute little sweater and post it!

So I joined the YMCA on Sunday and went to work out for the first time on Monday!
I decided to try Body Step! WOW!!! that was totally different than the step class I had been doing.
Then yesterday I did Boot Camp..... WOAH!!! Oh my goodness... I'd never done some of these exercises! I had never even heard of these!
It really freaked me out when you put your feet on these sliding thingy's and get into the plank position and walk your hands across to the other side of the room and then go backwards. WOWWWWW!!

Then today, I tried Spin Class.... um.... booty is sore! lol I have a LOT less padding than I used to so my bootay is so not used to that seat!

One thing I absolutely love about my new YMCA..... There are people of ALL ages there. I am absolutely amazed seeing 70+ year olds working out! There was a woman in our body step class and she totally kept up! I was simply amazed!

Another thing.... I don't feel like I have to look gorgeous to go. I roll out of bed and go. No make up nothing. I'm there to work out not to look pretty. I had toured another gym in my new city and immediately felt horribly intimidated and didn't feel like it would be a good fit.

Bad thing..... The place is SOOOO huge on my first day there I almost walked into the mens changing room! OPPSSS!!

It's a tiny bit hard to meet people.... My old gym I think it was the same 6-10 ladies every single day. I knew all of them!

But it will be nice once I'm able to talk with people and get to know them!

If you are struggling getting on the work out band wagon just do it! You will feel SOOOO much better!

message me if you want to chat! You can find me on Facebook too.

ali

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new sweater! Glad you are having fun at the YMCA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ymca!! i'm going to check mine for classes!! glad you are feeling better! you inspire so many of us! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali! I m so encouraged by ur blog. I really need someone to account to, will u help me? I have been fat all my life. Is great if I can ever be slim. How do I contact u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you so happy! Congrats on everything you've accomplished!

    ReplyDelete